Jorge Rial suffered a cardiac decompensation during his holidays in Colombia and had to be hospitalized. the driver of Argenzuelain C5NHe is 61 years old and in the past he had some coronary problems that forced him to receive two stents. The good news is that he has already been discharged from coffee lands and at this time he would be returning to the Argentinian republic.
After landing in a medical plane, rial You will have to follow a diet according to your needs. From PEOPLE we communicate with Andrea Purita – nutritionist Matt. 1420- and she explained what a heart-healthy diet after a heart attack is like. “When we talk about Heart-healthy dietwe talk about diet to take care of our heart“said the nutrition expert.
For the professional, the most important thing is “lower salt intake“. The recommended quantity is “a teaspoon type tea per day for all meals” because “most of the foods we eat contain sodium, or salt“. You even have to check the food labels to see if they have salt and you should not add it to the cooking water for vegetables, pasta, or soups.
What would be the ideal diet for a patient like Jorge Rial
Andrea Purita recommends the Mediterranean diet which consists of the consumption of:
- Extra virgin olive oil, 4 tablespoons per day.
- Nuts 30g per day of walnuts, almonds, chestnuts, pistachios and hazelnuts.
- Whole grains: rice, pasta, bread (without salt) to increase fiber intake. The ideal is a deep dish 2 or 3 times a week.
- Whole sesame, chia and flax seeds; 1 tablespoon per day in salads, yogurt and recipes.
- Vegetables: Between 2 and 3 servings per day.
- Fruits: 2 per day, but do not consume them in juices.
- Legumes: Lentils, beans and chickpeas; a large cooked cup, 1 time per day.
- Blue fish: tuna, salmon and trout; as much as possible every day.
- Skinless chicken and pork instead of red meat.
- Red wine: 1 glass per day
- Chocolate: 100% cocoa; one bar per day.
- Increase foods with potassium, calcium, magnesium, fiber and protein.
- Increase consumption of good healthy fats.
Andrea Purita He explained that healthy cooking forms must be applied such as “oven, boiled, steamed, poached, grilled, papillote, salads, soups, purées and healthy sauces”.
In addition, he commented that to replace salt you can “use the following spices, dressings and condiments: garlic, onion, leek, basil, fennel, bay leaf, cumin, tarragon, rosemary, thyme, oregano, parsley, black and white pepper, saffron, turmeric, dill, sage and mint“.
The nutritionist explained that for people with heart problems like Jorge Rialhydration “It is another extremely important point for the care of our heart“and what should”eat 3 to 5 meals a day“. Finally, you must avoid consuming:
- Saturated fats.
- Red meat.
- cold cuts
- Processed and ultra-processed products.
- Tropical fats like coconut oil.
- Kneaded products, pastry and bakery.
- Partially or totally hydrogenated vegetable fat.
- soft drinks
According to the graduate Andrea Puritain the face of heart problems you have to “consume low-fat dairy, yogurt, and eggs in moderation“and you don’t have to”use the following forms of cooking: stews, batters, frying, stews, pickles, cured or preserved in salt“.
Finally, he closed by saying: “It is never too late to change and improve our eating habits and thus be able to recover our hearts. Well used food prevents and cures diseases. However, misused sick“.
Advice: Bachelor Andrea Purita
More information at gente.com.ar