In this article, you will get all the information regarding Mary Kay Inc. Advances Conservation Efforts and Joins United Nations Ocean Stewardship Coalition –
DALLAS–(ANTARA/Business Wire)-Mary Kay, Inc., a global advocate for corporate sustainability and stewardship, recently joined the United Nations Global Compact Ocean Stewardship Coalition. A non-governmental organization working on biodiversity and climate change with a focus on ocean health.
As a current signatory to the United Nations Sustainable Ocean Principles, the Ocean Stewardship Coalition advances Mary Kay’s commitment to ensuring healthy and productive oceans. The Ocean Stewardship Coalition aims to leverage private sector engagement to raise awareness of the ocean and develop climate-friendly innovations. It also calls on stakeholders, including business leaders, to use climate-smart policies to address environmental and climate injustices, and to adopt a people-centred approach to policy solutions.
In line with the Sustainable Ocean Principles and the Marine Stewardship Coalition, Mary Kay is partnering with The Nature Conservancy this year to support several projects to improve critical habitats such as coral reefs, oyster reefs and coastal wetlands. improved ocean health through the protection and restoration of As well as promoting female leadership in the conversation,
• Restore Asia-Pacific shell reefs in Australia, Hong Kong, China and the Coral Triangle.
• Ensure that efforts to protect and restore corals in the Coral Triangle of Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands are supported through conservation activities and initiatives that have a positive impact on the entire region.
• Supporting Pacific women environmental leaders in Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands.
• Assessing the feasibility of blue carbon markets to support coastal conservation and restoration and long-term wetland management in the Gulf Coast.When
• Improve Mexico’s fisheries and empower communities and women in the fishing industry.
Mary Kay Chief Operating Officer Deborah Gibbins said: “By joining the Ocean Stewardship Coalition, Mary Kay hopes to support these projects and inspire more women to take action in their communities.”
As part of its ongoing effort to raise global ocean awareness, Mary Kay has partnered with the provinces of Nova Scotia and Halifax to participate in The Economist Impact’s World Ocean Tech & Ocean Tech, hosted by Canada’s Ocean Supercluster. We also participate in major maritime forums such as the Innovation Summit. The partnership brings together innovators, business leaders, thought leaders, and investors to learn about and engage with the latest “blue economy” innovators and technologies, and solutions that shape the roadmap to a sustainable and thriving ocean economy. Identify
To learn more about Mary Kay’s commitment to sustainability, visit marykayglobal.com/sustainability to download Mary Kay’s Global Sustainability Strategy.
About Merry Kay Co., Ltd.
Merry Kay Co., Ltd.
Source: Mary Kay, Inc.
Mary Kay Inc. Advances Conservation Efforts and Joins United Nations Ocean Stewardship Coalition –
Latest News by deathintown.com